Houston, TX cosmetic dentist creates naturally beautiful smiles
As a biological dentist, Dr. Marilyn Jones keeps your smile glowing with good health, whether you are scheduled for a routine prophy (cleaning) and exam, periodontal maintenance, or restorative treatment. She also offers many cosmetic services that bring additional appeal to the smiles of patients at Houston Biological Dentist in Houston, TX.
Origin of cosmetic dentistry
“Golden proportion” is a concept of beauty, and an important focus of cosmetic dentistry. The human eye favors a balance and symmetry found repeatedly in nature and art. An experienced dentist uses this principle to bring the smile into focus. With the application of cosmetic services, Dr. Jones improves and perfects color, size, shape, and spacing of teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry with biological concepts in Houston, TX
At Houston Biological Dentist, the approach to cosmetic dentistry is personalized. It begins with a healthy mouth, free of gum disease, cavities, and other oral concerns. Then, Dr. Jones works closely with you to design a strategy, simple or comprehensive, immediate or phased in over time, to help you love your smile with:
- Teeth whitening – Fast in-office treatment for a special occasion or brighten your smile gradually with a custom-fit take home kit.
- Dental bonding – Composite bonding material blends unnoticeably. Bonding is an economical choice to repair chips and cracks, conceal exposed root surfaces, and close gaps. It takes about an hour per tooth, and usually does not require numbing. Front teeth may be repaired with composite filling, or porcelain veneers or crowns depending on the needs of the teeth to be restored.
- Replacement of amalgam fillings or darkened dental restorations –After evaluation and at your request, Dr. Jones removes silver-colored fillings with safe protective protocols that minimize risk of exposure to mercury vapor. Old dental work is replaced with tooth-colored, lustrous porcelain inlays, onlays, or crowns.
- Dental bridges – One or several consecutive missing teeth can be replaced with a ceramic bridge.
- Ceramic dental implants – Biocompatible ceramic implants are the premier choice for long-term tooth replacement. They are the strongest dental implants. The white color keeps gum tissue looking natural at the gum line. The gum tissue likes the ceramic implant and will grow on top of it. These ceramic implants repel “bugs” with this gingiva attachment and attract bone to grow into the implants to open the meridians, according to Dr. Ulrich Volz and Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt who have developed the Swiss Bio-Health Concept of All In One.
- Veneers – Thin porcelain shells transform “smile teeth” into the near-perfection you see on TV and movie stars.