HOUSTON DENTIST EXPLAINS THE BENEFITS OF COSMETIC DENTAL TREATMENTS FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL SMILE
Chipped, discolored, or crooked teeth can detract from your smile. Your smile’s appearance can affect the type of impression you make. Having a bright, even smile boosts your self-esteem and improves your personal and professional lives. The team at Houston Biological Dentist understand the importance of a healthy smile and how it affects a patient’s quality of life. Located in Houston, Dr. Marilyn Jones offers cosmetic dental treatments for your beautiful smile.
Although choosing to alter your smile is a personal choice, cosmetic dental treatments have increased in popularity in recent years. If you are searching for ways to achieve a straighter, whiter smile, these treatments are simple ways to improve your physical appearance. For a smile makeover, you may choose from a single cosmetic procedure or multiple to achieve the brilliant smile you desire. Cosmetic dentistry refers to the procedures that change the appearance of the teeth and/or gums. Material may be added to or removed from the teeth or gums to change the size, shape, or color.
Benefits of cosmetic dental treatments
Every patient has unique needs. Before choosing a cosmetic procedure, a consultation is necessary to review your current oral health, medical history, and anticipated outcomes. This ensures your mouth is free of cavities, gum disease, and other problems that may interfere with the cosmetic process. This ensures your mouth is healthy. Dr. Jones will help you choose the most appropriate procedure to enhance your smile and to give you the results you desire.
A treatment plan is customized. The exact procedures recommended varying depending on your needs. The goal is to help you achieve a beautiful, natural smile. A smile makeover can be tailored to your budget and lifestyle. You and your dental team work together to determine the best course of action.
Dr. Jones offers the following cosmetic dental treatments:
- At-home or in-office teeth whitening
- Dental bonding
- Tooth-colored inlays or onlays
- Dental implants
- Porcelain veneers
In today’s society, there is a lot of emphasis on health and appearance. Improving your smile has a positive impact on your overall appearance. Your self-esteem is boosted. The health of your mouth is improved as there is a reduced risk of your teeth being worn down or weakened. Aesthetically and functionally, straight, healthy teeth are easier to brush and floss as well.
One procedure, two goals
Do you need cosmetic dentistry or restorative dentistry? In several cases, the two go together. However, the procedures do more than just touch upon the aesthetic appeal of your smile. The overall health of your mouth is addressed. Cosmetic procedures often improve a functional aspect of your mouth such as bite, crowding, or a chipped tooth while improving the look of your smile.
Dental restorations such as crowns, bridges, or tooth-colored fillings are cosmetic as well as restorative procedures. They may be performed for one particular purpose, but they fulfill both roles. Aesthetics and functionality are enhanced with cosmetic services. A healthy smile is a beautiful smile.
- Crowns restore chipped or broken teeth. They may also be used to cover dental implants. Porcelain crowns blend in with the surrounding teeth so cosmetically, they appear natural. Functionally, the patient’s bite and chewing surface are restored.
- Bridges replace missing teeth to complete your smile.
- Ceramic dental implants are posts positioned in the gums to replace missing teeth. The implant keeps the gums healthy and provides the base for a sturdy dental restoration. Topped with a crown, the result is a restoration that looks and functions like a natural tooth.
- Tooth-colored inlays and onlays strengthen and restore teeth affected by decay. They blend in making the teeth appear natural and undamaged. Silver amalgam fillings can be removed and replaced with durable, tooth-colored restorations.
- Veneers are thin shells of porcelain that transform the size, shape, and/or color of the teeth. Gapped, discolored, broken, or crooked teeth can be addressed with veneers. The porcelain material closely resembles natural tooth enamel in color and opalescence. Veneers may be applied to a single tooth, multiple teeth, or an entire set for a smile makeover.
Dr. Marilyn Jones - Houston Biological Dentist
A graduate from the University of Texas Health Science Center Dental School where she received her Doctor of Dental Surgery, Dr. Jones holds a master’s degree in chemistry from the University of Houston. She is a passionate, skilled, and talented dental surgeon with a drive for excellence.
While previously being a tenured Assistant Professor of chemistry & an Assistant Professor of integrative dentistry, Dr. Jones continues to educate and update herself on the modern approaches and practices of dentistry and related advances in healthcare to ensure that she delivers the best possible care and service to her patients.