Meet the dentist Houston, TX trusts for healthy biological care
Welcome to Houston Biological Dentist! Thank you for taking time to meet the dentist virtually, in this section of our website. We hope to see you soon at our Houston, TX office.
Dr. Marilyn Jones
A natural drive for excellence emerged early in Dr. Marilyn Jones’ academic background. She graduated from Pasadena High School with honors. Southwest Texas State University in San Marcos accepted her into their freshman honors program. With a minor in English and a bachelor’s degree in biology-chemistry, she earned a teaching certificate and taught high school chemistry in Texas. Upon receiving a master’s degree in chemistry from University of Houston, Dr. Jones embarked upon a PhD program in science education, supervising student teachers. Initially an assistant professor of chemistry at San Jacinto University, Dr. Jones eventually held a similar role at University of Houston.
Dr. Jones’ mother, who was a nurse, instilled deep health-related values in her daughter, igniting a lifetime passion for healthcare. Dr. Jones’ dental career began in earnest with acceptance to University of Texas Health Science Center Dental School. She received her Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) in 1979.
Since that time, her thirst for knowledge has never been quenched. Dr. Jones continues to study dentistry and related advances in healthcare to provide the highest level of modern dentistry possible. She has studied extensively with Dr. Omura, a recognized pioneer in therapeutic acupuncture, and had the privilege of assisting him in her ninth year under this tutelage. She has presented with Dr. Omura at conferences across the globe, teaching his Bi-Digital O-Ring test technique. In 2010, she spoke, as Visiting Associate Professor of Holistic Dentistry in the International College of Acupuncture and Electro Therapeutics, at the Japanese Symposium in Tokyo and at the Symposium at Columbia University in New York.
Other mentors, influential in Dr. Jones’ journey into biological dentistry include Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, Dr. Hal Huggins, Dr. Jerry Bouquot, and Bob Jones.
Current professional affiliations
- Academy of Clinical Sleep Disorders Dentistry – Diplomate
- Houston Dental Health Institute – Director
- Houston Head-Neck Pain and Dental Sleep Disorders – Director
- A Fellow member of the ICOI.
- Holistic Dental Associates – Director
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- Hands-On Orthodontic Training Studies
- Holistic Dental Association
- Huggins Alliance Dentist
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- International Association of Mercury Free Dentists
- Fellow of the International Academy of Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics
- VIP Member of DNA/Vivos
- Integrative Medical Doctors and Functional Medical Doctors refer their patients to Biological Dentists.
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists in March 22nd 2009 – Fellow
- Dr. Mercola – Referring to Biological Dentist.
- Dr. Jerry Tennant – Referring to Biological Dentist.
- Dr. Hotze Health & Wellness – Referring to Biological Dentist.
- Academy of Computerized Dentistry
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- American Equilibration Society
- ArkLaTex Dental Society
- Association of Tip Edge Orthodontics
- Functional Freedom Organization of Orthodontics
- Greater Houston District Dental Society
- Preventive Dental Society
- Texas Dental Association
Fun facts about Dr. Jones
- As a member of the Southwest Texas State Strutters, she marched in the inaugural parade for President Kennedy, at the request of Lyndon B. Johnson.
- She has a lovely voice and sang second soprano in the choir at college.
- She once taught a summer course for physics teachers at the National Science Foundation and presented a paper to the Academy of Science.
- Dr. Jones has been a frequent guest on the Hotze Health and Wellness Radio Program and the Scott Cluthe program, discussing holistic/biological dentistry.
- Alive & Well: Into The New Millennium with Edgar Cayce’s Health Care Wisdom, a book by Bette S. Margolis, has a chapter devoted to Dr. Jones’ approach to biological dentistry.